Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink RS8 Upgrade

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink RS8 Upgrade

I have an Aqualink RS8 with JJ firmware and have decided to add an Aquapure 1400 SWG. I understand I have to upgrade to get the system to work with my controller. What do I need to buy? Can I get away with just a new pcb?

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Aqualink RS8 Upgrade

What remotes do you have?

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

No remotes. Had a wired spa remote, but disconnected it because of issues

4. Back To Top    #4

must have revision k or later to operate an aquapure off the aqualink controller. current revision available is rev QQ. Zodiac will be coming out with rev R some time around nov. and at the same time release the iAquaLink app for smart phone access/control.

you may just need to update the ppd (programmable peripheral device) or in other words, the chip. your current board will only support up to a rev MMM chip. if you really want to be current get the RS8 pool and spa upgrade/conversion kit, p/n: 7092. this comes with the in-house OneTouch controller, a cpu board and a rev QQ chip.