Dkaakd

Jul 23, 2019
Plano, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I found someone online selling the IQ-30 upgrade kit for a reasonable price (around $600). It is ver 3.0

I have a:
Aqualink RS8 combo with one touch
Model 8156
Firmware Rev: MMM at the main board.

Looks like upgrade kit has the bezel cpu and antenna. Is anyone aware of issues replacing this old board so I can get wifi access to my system?

Also will the one touch remote controller still be able to be hardwired in so we can control without our phones?

Thanks for your input.

DA

Are you getting the IQ30-A or the IQ30-RS?

With Rev MMM you need the IQ30-RS full board replacement upgrade. The IQ30-A requires Rev R or higher.

The One Touch will give you limited controls. Things like VS pump setting will need to be done on the app and not the One Touch. Basically any new feature you don;t have now but the new board will give you the One Touch will not be able to program or control.

Are you getting the IQ30-A or the IQ30-RS?

With Rev MMM you need the IQ30-RS full board replacement upgrade. The IQ30-A requires Rev R or higher.

The One Touch will give you limited controls. Things like VS pump setting will need to be done on the app and not the One Touch. Basically any new feature you don;t have now but the new board will give you the One Touch will not be able to program or control.
Thanks for the reply - from the photo of the box I see it is IQ30-RS RevT.2/4.3.1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.