dpl252

Jul 21, 2022
Clayton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Trying to determine what kind of upgrade kit/part number I need for an Aqualink RS8 All Button revT.2 system, I've seen the Jandy recommendations:
1694881438105.png
But not sure where the rev T.2 falls. I don't know when my system was installed (bought house with this system so don't know what year).

If you've confirmed you have T.2 firmware all you need is the iAqualink antenna, so the IQ30-A kit.

T.2 is the second most recent firmware available. The Jandy FW releases go sequentially by letter, skipping a few or doing stuff like QQQ or adding a number, etc. So T.2. came after QQQ.

Interesting, thanks for the reply! Am I correct in saying that the IQ30-A kit simply adds mobile functionality to my existing board? I don't know/think my board has the kind of controls I was looking for. Specifically I have a Pentair Intelliflo VSF and was hoping to programing different RPM speeds based on schedule which I don't think it can do (but maybe i'm wrong here)

The IQ30-A kit will simply just add the wifi feature right, and not any additional control functionality.

The IQ30-A kit will simply just add the wifi feature right, and not any additional control functionality.

What control panel do you have now on your Aqualink?

The IQ-30A will give you the iAqualink app on phones and PC which can have controls the One Touch and All Button panels do not have.

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for the reply! Am I correct in saying that the IQ30-A kit simply adds mobile functionality to my existing board? I don't know/think my board has the kind of controls I was looking for. Specifically I have a Pentair Intelliflo VSF and was hoping to programing different RPM speeds based on schedule which I don't think it can do (but maybe i'm wrong here)

Adding the IQ30-A kit to a T.2-equipped Aqualink RS setup will give you access to the full "touchlink" interface (via a terrible mobile app or the iaqualink.com website), which includes the VSP configuration screens:

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 12.24.17.png
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 12.24.38.png
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 12.26.30.png

Unless you have the extraordinarily rare Touchlink RS indoor controller, OneTouch indoor controller, or the garbage PDA setup, there is no way you can do this without iAqualink. Adding the IQ30-A kit will allow you to accomplish exactly what you're trying to do.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, where are you seeing the T.2. firmware? You can check it via an indoor controller or by looking at the CPU board on the back of the Aqualink PCB itself.

Also I am trying to find some install videos for the iAquaLink 3.0 but there's an abundance of install videos showing the procedure for iAquaLink 2.0, would the install be roughly the same or are there specific instructions for 3.0?

Excellent, sounds like you're all set then. Installation is identical to the iAL2.0. Mount the antenna j-box to the wall, run the RS-485 cable into the panel box and you're done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.