Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bridge

1. Back To Top    #1

bridge

i want to add a mobile bridge across the center of a 21' pool but i don't want anything fancy or break the bank .. any suggestions?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bridge

If you want it to be even remotely safe than you are definitely talking both "fancy" and "break the bank".
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: bridge

I'm sure i don't need a grand to make a DIY bridge or even a redneck variety ... i'm thinking floating platform perhaps .. or stabilized inflatable .. pontoon style .. or wondering what kind of material that is ok to have pressed against a Vynil liner (I';ve seen bridges with footing on a vynil lined pool).. or an extreme of building a wood bridge over a 24' span ... but that would be heavy to take down I need something portable so I can easily take it off and put the cover on when closing the pool.

I don't need it for heavy traffic just daily cleaning of the skimmer baskets .. i can make make a 55' walk into a 15' one with a bridge in the center not to mention troubleshooting pipes ..
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.