Pentair Intellicenter Wifi Options

Driftwood

Bronze Supporter
Jun 19, 2023
Central Texas
My Pentair "High Power Wireless Link Kit" antenna got broken and I have lost my wifi connection. Instead of buying the entire wifi kit (since the antenna and base must have matching ID numbers), I'm wondering if I can simply replace that with a commercial wireless bridge or wireless access point (WAP). Has anyone tried this successfully?

Many thanks!
Eric

I have my Easytouch set up using a wireless bridge. Works great. I would suspect you can do the same with Intellicenter.

I have it powered off my convenience outlet in the ET box. The ethernet line is then plugged into the protocol adapter. It will work as a wireless access point.

With an Intellicenter, you would direct connect to the ethernet port and then have to create a power source for the RE200.

Got it! I think I have a convenience outlet at the box too. Last question - I assume your unit is outdoors - is the RE200 exposed to weather? I don't see anything about it being waterproof.

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Eric

Where I live, we have little weather. So the RE200 is just hanging under the ET box. You may have to consider the fact you have weather. They may have weatherproof versions of wireless access points.