Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebblesheen and womens swims suits

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebblesheen and womens swims suits

Our new pool has pebblesheen and it is creating fuzz balls on the girls swim suit bottoms. My wife sat in the spa and she got them too. Is this typical? Anything that can be done to prevent this?
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebblesheen and womens swims suits

Don't wear a suit

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL @ Bruce. We have Pebblesheen but have not seen any issues like that.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

4. Back To Top    #4

A few questions...
    How old is the pebblesheen?
    Can you post a complete set of test results?
    Do you brush your pool?
    Have you noticed any of the pebbles coming loose?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Scale will do that, very quickly. I suspect that's the issue.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool is brand new. I have not run the tests yet as the builder is still running the show when it comes to chemicals. I am brushing daily.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

It is certainly not TOO early to begin testing yourself. Get a test kit and begin testing to confirm that the water is balanced. This is from experience relying on others to test my pool.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I have white plaster and my wife complains of some of the same problem. She gets 1-2 season out of a suite though. Not too big a deal. I think it is the material of the suite.
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.

9. Back To Top    #9

Women's suits and many pools

Much of this problem has to do with the fabric of the swimsuit--not that a pebbly surface isn't a pain. For years when I traveled/vacationed a great deal, I would find out the hard way which swimsuits would be ruined by the coping or the steps of a hotel's pool or spa. I learned to take towels and sarongs with me to guard my vulnerable favorites. Other suits would put up with any surface, unscathed.

Perhaps the OPs wife could use a folded, short sarong wrap when she uses the spa. As for the girls--not sure. Buy tankini tops and then multiple bottoms?

This sort of thing is frustrating and annoying. It is also something to consider when guests come.

Bathing suit snagging was a big part of our decision to tile all of our steps and benches. We used the same PebbleTec Finishing Touches Geometric glass tiles as on our waterline. Our PB thought this would create surfaces slippery to walk on, but this has not at all been the case. Our limestone coping does snag the fibers of some suits. We throw towels down for anyone wanting to just sit on the edge and get their feet wet.

Lana
    23,600 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 2 hp variable speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.