1st water test results

It took about two days for my CYA to dissolve hanging in front of a return, but that was in 50-69° water. Warmer water makes it dissolve appreciably faster.

As I've added the stabilizer to bring up my cya and liquid chlorine the PH has dropped from 7.3 to 7. I still need to add a bit more stabilizer .. will PH drop more ?
I read some articles on the site about Ph needing to stabilize and that this value can vary the most. At one point to I need to adjust the ph?

I still need to add a bit more stabilizer .. will PH drop more ?
The impact of stabilizer on pH is minimal. I would say if you need to add stabilizer, go ahead and do it. But as a reference point, in your pool every 16 oz of stabilizer can lower the pH by 0.15.

The impact of stabilizer on pH is minimal. I would say if you need to add stabilizer, go ahead and do it. But as a reference point, in your pool every 16 oz of stabilizer can lower the pH by 0.15.
So since I'll be adding more and it will lower it more, do you recommend I adjusting it by adding the Borax?
Or wait ?

To my knowledge the K1005 does not have a cya test.
The FAS DPD test is the only accurate FC test.

My apologies, that kit does have a very small amount of R0013. You will need more reagent soon.

Reactions: Addy
So since I'll be adding more and it will lower it more, do you recommend I adjusting it by adding the Borax?
Or wait ?
If it's at 7.0 you could bump it up a little bit before adding the CYA just to ensure you don't cross down below neutral into acidic. Likely isn't really necessary but won't hurt much either. You shouldn't need to add much, just enough to get up to 7.2 or so.

Reactions: Addy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.