Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can an intex patch be used under water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can an intex patch be used under water?

We filled the new pool and theres a leak already. the only thing I have right now is the intex patch the pool came with.
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can an intex patch be used under water?

i've got a simular problem except mines empty and we haven't even used it yet. then the dog chewed a wole in this brand new liner. intex are not the most helpful folks most of the time. good luck with yours!!
    ~David~
    Resilience SCC25 SWG, 14,585 gallons includes overflowing Jacuzzi, Rock Waterfall, Sand, IG, Pebble, Hayward Supra II 2 hp, Hayward S311SXV with 2" pipes (Sticker = GPM =99, user manual GPM = 80).

3. Back To Top    #3

I used an under water patch seems to be ok can't really tell yet if it's still leaking.
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

4. Back To Top    #4

Buy yourself a vinyl pool patch kit (available at any pool supply store, and Walmart even carries them) for under $10. You can cut the patch to the desired size and install the patch under water. As long as you smooth out the patch and remove any air underneath, the patch will do the trick.
    33000 IG vinyl pool

5. Back To Top    #5

You can take a look at this post for tips on patching a liner

I'm here most days if you have further questions on liner patching 8)

Good luck in getting those pools leak free so you can really get in and enjoy them
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)