Liner question

gabrielbpark

Aug 15, 2020
Brooklyn NY
Hi!
I have a summer waves elite above ground frame pool. I have an intex sand pump system, and the summer waves pool came with a filter pump system. I was able to hook up the intex sand pump on the summer waves filter pump intake and outtakes, but I have a problem with the size of the summer waves filter pump housing that I am trying to work around.

The filter pump housing jams up against the deck I have aound the pool. Due to the pressure, there is binding on the bottom of the round part where the summer waves filter pump fits into the lining of the pool, and the binding is causing it to leak.

I was thinking a good solution would be to remove the summer waves fllter pump, since I don't need it and the housing doesn't work with my deck structure (unfortunately moving or cutting into the deck is not a possible solution). I was thinking that, once I remove the summer waves filter pump, I could patch the large round hole in the liner. I was thinking I could cut a small hole in the patch that would accommodate the fitting for the intex sand pump hose, but I am wondering if this would be prone to leaking. I have the fittings for the intex sand pump hoses, but I am wondering if it will be difficult/ impossible to seal the small hole around the intex sand pump hole.

I believe that an intex pool liner has small (2-4") black tubes integrated into the liner, which fit over the hose couplings and prevent leaking. (see picture for the black tube I am thinking of.)

I am wondering if it would be possible (and/or advisable) to buy a patch that contains the portion of the intext pool liner that has the black rubber tube integrated into it. I haven't been able to find this patch online, and I am not sure whether I need it, but maybe someone can help think it through?
If there's no such patch availalbe, do you think I should take other steps to prevent leaking? Any workarounds?
Also, I believe an intex pool usually locates the outtake lower than the intake. Is that true? Is it important that the "dirty pool water" outtake is higher or lower than the "clean water" intake?

Thanks in advance! I have learned so much here since 2020!

Attachments

• pool question.PNG
    pool question.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 9
Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: Since you posted this question over the weekened, I wanted to check to see if you got it resolved. Please let us know. If you still need help we can try to get more AGP assistance. The pic you attached is hard to see clearly, so perhaps try to upload a different pic or two so we can see it better?

Also visit ------------------------ > Pool Care Basics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.