Intex leak Advice

May 21, 2016
hill, nh
I have an 18ft prism intex pool. This is our 4th year with it and the second liner. It was purchased last year after the liner split open over the winter. I started filling the pool and noticed a pinhole leak. Moved some of the grass away to look at it. Put my finger on it and it became a 2 inch leak, just like that. I was thinking of patching it, but am concerned how easily it got larger. I am also concerned because this is the same area it split in the first liner. That ended up being about 3ft long. Could I make the patch a lot longer, just in case? Would I patch on the inside or is it possible to patch the outside? My concern is this is a defect in the liner. This is my 10th(?) year owning an intex and never needed to patch before. The first picture is of the 2022 leak on the old liner. Second picture is of the new leak on the new liner.

Attachments

• PXL_20220323_184843211.jpg
    PXL_20220323_184843211.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230525_192156.jpg
    20230525_192156.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 12
I'm afraid there is no good outcome with this one. That vinyl must be incredibly frail if you barely touched the area and it got worse. Being so low, you can imagine all the pressure being applied on that tear. It's a matter of time before it ruptures and (IMO) I don't think a patch will suffice. Sorry. :(

I'm afraid there is no good outcome with this one. That vinyl must be incredibly frail if you barely touched the area and it got worse. Being so low, you can imagine all the pressure being applied on that tear. It's a matter of time before it ruptures and (IMO) I don't think a patch will suffice. Sorry. :(
I think you are probably right. The liner is under warranty till 6/6. I have had no luck with intex warranty before. I'm going to give it a try, though. Don't have much to lose at this point. What stinks is a guy from my small town stopped by a couple of weeks ago offering to sell me a new liner for $50. I said no because we just got this one last year. Sigh. Wish I had gotten his name. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.