Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Oasis Z5

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Oasis Z5

About to pull the trigger and buy one. Anyone recommend or not recommend? Best place to buy if recommended,etc?
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Chlorine
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Oasis Z5

We just got one and used it to open our pool. It's our first robot so no experience with others but I was super impressed! Love the top cleaning filter, caddy, and remote already included. Plus 3 yr. Warranty.

If you order from epic pools use code dolphin100 to save another $25.

12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

You will love your new Z5. I have the Triton Plus which is the same unit with different markings and am very impressed with it. I did buy the Maytronics PRO remote to replace the remote which came with the Triton to gain some extra functions. I have a large pool and wanted some more tile scrubbing time which the PRO remote offers. Be sure to keep the power supply dry and out of direct sunlight. Enjoy!
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by poolnewbies5874 View Post
    We just got one and used it to open our pool. It's our first robot so no experience with others but I was super impressed! Love the top cleaning filter, caddy, and remote already included. Plus 3 yr. Warranty.

If you order from epic pools use code dolphin100 to save another $25.
    That's from whom and what I did. I would not trade my Z5 for anything.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

5. Back To Top    #5

I keep mine out of the direct sun, but I really don't know why that would affect it so much.
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kywildcats View Post
    I keep mine out of the direct sun, but I really don't know why that would affect it so much.
    Heat is the enemy of anything electronic. Keeping the temperature down inside the power supply enclosure will extend the life of the not so cheap power supply.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

7. Back To Top    #7

I understand about the heat. We are talking about a machine that sits pool side while it works. It is supposed to be hot during pool season! I put mine in a large poolside storage box while using, keeping it out of the direct sunlight. I do keep box opened up so there is no heat build up.
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner