Dolphin Active 20 seems worthless so far

I’ll trade you, even swap for a Polaris 9550 sport, with caddy, remote control, fine and standard filter baskets. I seem to like the Maytronics style over the Zodiac style. Nothing wrong with it, I just don’t like the way it cleans my pool at all.

I just got an Active 20 and so far I am very disappointed. It moves very slowly and doesn't pick up all the dirt in the pool. I have run 2 cycles today and there are still small pieces of debris all over the pool. This is my 4th or 5th Dolphin and so far it is the absolute worst. My last one was a Z5 Oasis and it cleaned the pool really well with one cycle as did all of my other Dolphins.

The only thing I like about the Active 20 is that it isn't as heavy as the other Dolphins I have owned.
I think they are definitely overrated on this forum. Keep the power box near the pool and always keep the basket/filters clean. You may be already doing this, I think it's slow and it misses spots regardless and it only takes a little bit of debri (leaves) for it to lose suction. I had a super old auqabot turbo that came with the pool and ran circles around the active 20. By season 3 of active the cord started dirriation. After 4 seasons it doesn't when do anything when powered on. Time for me to look at another make or at least model. Active 20 - Do not recommend. If it working as it should and you're dissapointed, send that puppy back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.