Help with start up for swg vinyl ag pool

When I began looking at the end of season for 18 X 48 round pool. ... INTEX or Colman. ($500limit)which is better. I know neither pump or skimmer are any good. But I have 25oo pump and big skimmer.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

I think Intex and Coleman are made by the same company, so just buy which ever one you can get at the best price.

11d686e95338044408d6ef53610a5d26.jpg
8cda1805c51e5ca996537391bd17bf83.jpg

Oh ok. I have read about both and they do look alike. But didn't read they were from Same company. ..that's great . Mine is 7 years old. But has 6 years of metle tape holding rusted rails together lol..

yah. I went all last summer with it, and now this year, being a little more experienced, I notice how oaeticularly, the suction is lagging. I really notice it when u go to run intex pool cleaner cuz it gets stuck and has trouble moving about.

Intex 18/52 pool at 7000 gsllons.
vinyl sift sided pool
intex 1500 gph sand filter and intex swg at 1500 gph.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It will be way better for sure.!
My next one I will spray inside and out of rails with good rust preventing paint before putting it together.
Or just start out with metle taping it every year.lol it's the bottom of the legs and underneath top rails that have been completely rusted away for years now.

It will be way better for sure.!
My next one I will spray inside and out of rails with good rust preventing paint before putting it together.
Or just start out with metle taping it every year.lol it's the bottom of the legs and underneath top rails that have been completely rusted away for years now.

When I first saw the silver I was wondering why you had tinfoil on your rail, lol. But good thinking, whatever works! I was afraid my pump,mthat I had for my 18' would be too weak for the 26', but so far, it's been working pretty well. I maybe backwash a bit sooner than I would with a bigger one, but it's kept the water nice.

I saw the foil before too. actually enlarged the photo to make sure I wasn't seeing things. that is a good idea tho.

but you have a cartridge filter. I suggest that you get a sand filter. an intex sand filter with a decent flow rate is $157 on amazon.

jm gonna probably upgrade mine. just have too much going on. will be out of town a lot this summer, etc. so the upgrade may not happen till next season. but will happen.

Intex 18/52 pool at 7000 gsllons.
vinyl sift sided pool
intex 1500 gph sand filter and intex swg at 1500 gph.

My pump with cart. Filter is a 2500gph. It has a great flow. The cart. Yes could be better but it's purty clear all year once I get my start up numbers right. But I will think about it when this pump stops working. But I like the 2500 gph.

You certainly can. For normal day-to-day operations, your SWG-pool FC should be in the 4-6 range, so you can let that drop a little absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

Just before the event, if you know you're going to have a lot of swimmers, you can bump it up slightly by maybe 2 ppm to help give the water a little extra fighting power against the increased swimmer's load and bacteria.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.