Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbles from jet

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbles from jet

Hi, getting some slight bubbling from my first jet.
    It's not a lot but doesn't seem to clear out.
    Is that pointing to a problem somewhere?

Thanks,
    Ray
    11K gal, IG 15x30 Roman, exposed aggregate plaster, Hayward SP3200VSP, Hayward DE4820

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbles from jet

Hi Ray. Bubbles in the return jet(s) indicates some air in your system. This usually originates on the suction side of your system - from the skimmer to the front of the pump, to include the pump's strainer basket O-ring. You may want to check everything listed here: Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks.

If you still have problems, let us know.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ray - are you running a salt water pool? One of the outputs of the electrolysis that occurs in a SWCG is hydrogen gas. This may be what you're seeing.

The closest water return in my pool spurts very small bubbles when my system is running.

Quick check would be to turn off your SWCG for a bit (assuming you have one) and check. Turn it on later and confirm you're seeing bubbles again.
    ~Adam 12K gal free-form pool with spa, Hayward EcoStart VS pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, Hayward C17502 filter, Hayward Heat PumpPro 140k BTU, Stonescapes minipebble. tf-100 & speedstir.
    5.5 foot retaining wall. Build completed in Feb 2015.
    East Central FL.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by AChristie76 View Post
    Ray - are you running a salt water pool? One of the outputs of the electrolysis that occurs in a SWCG is hydrogen gas. This may be what you're seeing.

The closest water return in my pool spurts very small bubbles when my system is running.

Quick check would be to turn off your SWCG for a bit (assuming you have one) and check. Turn it on later and confirm you're seeing bubbles again.
    No, not a salt water pool, I will read the suggested info by TS. Thanks for the replies, will get back later.

Ray
    11K gal, IG 15x30 Roman, exposed aggregate plaster, Hayward SP3200VSP, Hayward DE4820