VST

Feb 11, 2024
Florida, United States
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi, hoping this can be fixed and someone can advise me on how to fix this.

One of my 6 spa jets has such a strong water output that you can't even sit in front of it. It has no air bubbles. I only know it is on by putting my hand in front of the jet. The other 5 sputter with some weak water and weak bubbles. Not sure why it is doing this. This is a new pool build. My builder is saying we just need to add a blower, but that doesn't seem right to me, since the water output isn't uniform across the jets. Seems like he is just trying to put a band aid on this issue, so he can move onto his next project.

I have an 8x8 spillover spa with 6 jets. The spa is 110 feet from the equipment and air pipe. The air pipe is 2 inches. The pump is a 3 hp variable speed. The return to the spa is 2 inches and the jets are 1.5 inch double tee bodies. The filter is a 200 sq feet cartridge filter. There's some uncertainty in the plumbing. It seems to vary between 1.5 and 2.5 inches depending on the component.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

V,

I suggest that you have the pool builder remove all the jets and then put the system into the spa mode for 10 minutes to blow out all the junk that is in the lines. Then, of course, reinstall the jets and see how things work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

V,

I suggest that you have the pool builder remove all the jets and then put the system into the spa mode for 10 minutes to blow out all the junk that is in the lines. Then, of course, reinstall the jets and see how things work.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Spa jets have removable nozzles in them If one of the nozzles is missing that will cause this scenario

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Rhe builder hasn't been by yet. I couldn't wait, so I drained the spa and discovered you're both correct. One spa jet is missing a nozzle and another was blocked by putty. Hope he fixes this tomorrow and goes the extra step of checking behind all nozzles. Thanks so much for the tips.

Attachments

• IMG-20240212-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20240212-WA0007.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240212_193751.jpg
    IMG_20240212_193751.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240212_174655.jpg
    20240212_174655.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Rhe builder hasn't been by yet. I couldn't wait, so I drained the spa and discovered you're both correct. One spa jet is missing a nozzle and another was blocked by putty. Hope he fixes this tomorrow and goes the extra step of checking behind all nozzles. Thanks so much for the tips.
If you get a new nozzle it's easy to put it in, you can use a socket wrench.A long thin screwdriver will be able to dig out the putty,

I used a long thin knife to remove this putty. If he doesn't show, should I try to remove the other nozzles to see if there's anything behind them or can I run the jets while the spa is refilling and get a good enough feel for whether something is back there?

VST,

The spa is drained already... Why not do it right and remove all the jets.. Leave the jets out, and refill the spa and run it for a 10 minutes to blow out all the junk.

Drain the spa a little so you can reinstall the jets once you are done.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: oldprophet

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool builder came by today and removed all nozzles. They are pretty small. He said the actual jets are cemented in and can't be removed. I'm completely new to this, so all foreign to me, but learning as I go. No further junk was expelled. Unfortunately, one or two jets are a little off center, so the nozzles hit the back end of the plastic ring (thru wall fitting I believe it is called) a little. That dampens the flow for them. If you know of a solution to that, please share. Overall the spa is functional now. Thanks so much for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.