New pool build in CA

Beautiful backyard setting and love your tile/coping.

Eyetatto,
Just caught your post. Congrats on your new pool!! Beautiful design! I love the coping and options for the pool bottom. I would have to agree with KimKats, the Blue Indigo and Mediterranean are the two that catch my eye. I would like to take a closer look at these two options when I finally re-finish my pool. Thank you for posting the pics, wet/dry and in the actual tub of water. Please post up pics once your pool is done, I would love to see the actual finished product!
I see you went with Burkett's Pool Plastering, I am located in Tracy CA and sometime in the future will need to re-finish my pool. I've seen their trucks around. How did you like them? Satisfied with their work, workmanship? Any negative/positive reviews? You're welcome to PM with any concerns you may have had with them if that is the case. Thanks!

Plankton,
Thank you for the kind words about our pool! Things are finally starting to come together now that the rain is holding off.

Burketts was awesome, they showed up early and stayed late to get the job done in one day. They will also be applying the Wet Edge in a few weeks.
I was referred to them from my assistant. They did a complete replaster and new decking and she just can't say enough about how much better it is now vs the original job done 20 years ago from Swan. I would highly recommend them!!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Ok TPF we need your help once again! We are looking for ideas for our colored concrete pool decking. Our concrete guy is going to upgrade us to stamped at very little cost so now we are down to color. My wife kinda likes the color of the crushed rock base we have now but I am worried about heat. What do you guys think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With all the shakes we have in CA, i would go as light as possible so the contrast from the cracks will be less visible.

I would also suggest pavers instead, for my build pavers were ~1$ sqft higher then stamped concrete.

Luckily we don't get too many shakes here in the mountains. I think I want a little lighter than the crushed gravel and maybe slightly darker with the color powder they finish with. Gotta find a picture of something we both will like. No pavers for us as we have already blown our budget out of the water by a good 30%, haha!

I almost can't believe it!!! The first day of pouring concrete is here. After so many delays and no shows we finally have progress again. I'll post more pictures as the process moves along. Exciting day!!
ced4a38d7ac0240097f2b3bd521e4680.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.