New pool build in CA

Went out to check on the water level and couldn't help but notice how great the glass beads we added look. Soooooo happy we paid to add it to the Mediterranean pebble!
1ae6788226c38c37e1741255a890e06c.jpg
85607327e721417f3972663ebf526f00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Look at it shine now...............wait until your water is stable and balanced and the :sun: is shining!

Remember that your water may look a little green/off for a couple of days. This IS normal as everything get balanced.

:hug:

:kim:

So just completed my first full test and here are my results:

Ph-7.5
FC-11.5
CC-0
CH-100
TA-30
CYA-0

My PB said the numbers are going to all over the place the first week or so. He has me adding liquid chlorine everyday(sometimes twice a day) and acid when needed.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Please run this by your PB as he holds the warranty card. The part about not swimming for 30 days is not for the kind of start up your pool had. IF your PB said you can swim go with what he says.

I also have some links I share with new pool owners:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

I would like to see your TA higher and you need to add some CYA to help keep the FC from burning off so fast. The links above will tell you the levels we like and what to add to achieve them.

Ask any and all questions you will have! It is a LOT of info!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Walmart and Lowes sells it. Get the powder stuff. The liquid gold cya is pricey. When you go to add it do NOT follow the bottle directions. Put it in a sock (like you wear) and hand it in front of a return. You can and should squeeze it to speed it up.

The water looks great in the pic! NICE!

That is what I got also BUT for the first time I would shoot for 30. I want you to do this just in case your pool size is off. It is much easier to add than to remove CYA.

Once it has all dissolved wait until the next day to test for it. You want it all mixed in good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.