Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help locating waste line

1. Back To Top    #1

Help locating waste line

I have a pretty good understanding on the equipment outside of where my dadgum waste line is. HELP
    IMG_20151105_130041.jpgIMG_20151105_130050.jpgIMG_20151105_130058.jpg
    16,000 - IG - Vinyl (LShape)
    Sand (Purex triton tagelus ta-50)
    A.O. Smith Centurior Switchless
    Built in 1990 - everything still original
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help locating waste line

well it should be one of the two going out of the filter that is not the one coming from the pump.

What model multiport valve is that? google for a schematic of it and it will say which of those lines is waste.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

That makes sense. Next question, it's the right line in the 3rd picture. It has that cap but also goes back into the ground. Do I need to locate where it goes under ground or can I remove that cap to help drain my pool for closing

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like it is capped for winterization or another reason and that you can join it up with an extended waste line that goes back underground, possibly into a sewer connection. That splice in there would allow you to either hook up a hose at the cap and backwash where you wanted to direct the water or connect to the other pipe to the right that goes... somewhere else. Into a sewer connection is my best guess.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Interesting, thank you so much. I think the safe play is to open that cap and run a hose. No idea where it goes back in ground.

The other pipe to the far right is dead and needs to be removed completely. It was hooked up to a spa that's no longer here.