Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFW Area new pool - Rectangular with Auto Cover - No Spa

1. Back To Top    #1

DFW Area new pool - Rectangular with Auto Cover - No Spa

So we started on July 20th and have had some hot days but all seems to be coming together.
    https://www.dropbox.com/photos/share...6gGReqJT0zd98n

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DFW Area new pool - Rectangular with Auto Cover - No Spa

Look forward to seeing the updated progress. Will this TX heat ever end? Went from 2 months of rain to hot drought. Rather have the rain back
    Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks like a great site for a pool....what took you so long? (just kidding, ha ha)

Got your test kit ordered yet? TFTestkits.net
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Tile is today, Auto Cover track will be tomorrow, the coping on Wednesday.
    Pool will have Artificial grass "Deck" and Used Brick coping.

5. Back To Top    #5

That is a good start! BIG yard you have there!

What finishes will you have?

Have you picked out your equipment yet?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes we have the Micro pebble stuff for the "Plaster" and we have all Jandy equipment Variable speed pump, a cartridge filter, Nature2 Fusion thingy, and a booster pump for the polaris and a few deck jets and a bubbler. Also the cover control etc is all to be hooked into the iAqualink for control. The pool is shaded for some of the day under an Oak and a Magnolia tree so the cover is intended to keep the debris from the trees out and also hope to reduce the chemicals used to treat the water to the bare min. We will be sorting out the TFP method for Chlorine once we get it filled up.

7. Back To Top    #7

Take out the Nature2 Fusion thingy. It is NOT something you want. It adds metals to your water and is very expensive to keep up. If he tells you that is part of the package just say No thank you. If he asks how you are going to chlorinate your water tell him with chlorine (they tend to freak at the word bleach even though it is the same thing).

With the money you save on the Nature2 being out buy a good test kit of your own. Look in my siggy for the link to where you can compare the two kits we use and love. There is also a link to where you can buy them from.

Yeah I know the pool store will test your water for free.................but is it really free if you walk out of there will full arms and empty wallet? The pool stores tend to get the test more wrong than right.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Yep most likely we will be cutting out the metals cartridge and just using the chlorine tabs as a supplement - Yep and of course on the tester stuff reading that once a week so I can start up the daily test shuffle without my laptop in my hands too. Our neighbors have a chlorine gas guy and the other side uses liquid - I know that I will find a groove with the TFP method and trying to balance everything out once we are set up and filled.

9. Back To Top    #9

So some work has stalled with tile snafus and also coping issues - I think mainly due to the Cover and general lack of experience with them.
    Dropbox - Ian shared 7 photos with you.

10. Back To Top    #10

Darn snafus and issues Have they said how they plan on fixing it?

Kim

11. Back To Top    #11

Coping should be tomorrow and Electrical on Monday... Waiting

12. Back To Top    #12

Coping was about a week late - they ordered too little and ran out, electrical failed inspection because the ditches were not deep enough - 18 inches is the local code. Also each brick in the area of the cover had o be sawn so it would have a flat profile on both sides - pool coping has a round profile on one side.
    Dropbox - Ian shared 7 photos with you.

Got my TFT-100 kit and tested what will be my source water so I have some idea what my adjustments will be for the 16K+ fill
    Last edited by iankelly; 08-30-2015 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Photos

13. Back To Top    #13

LOL in getting your test kit BEFORE your pool is done! I got mine before I even ordered my pool so I could make sure I could do the tests!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

I can relate to your pain. We're building with the autocover too. We've been staring at a large piece of concrete since June. Hope your finish goes quicker than ours.
    build thread 16' by 40' rectangular shotcrete IG, coverpool stainless cable autocover, pentair, MDX-R3 main drain, 3side/3 floor eco pool returns, 2 skimmers, 2 globrite LED's, quad DE, Intellichlor, 3.5 to 6', one 6" and one 16" sun shelves

15. Back To Top    #15

Poll fill underway... Only a few dozen hours left
    Dropbox - Ian shared 4 photos with you.

16. Back To Top    #16

I see water!!!!!!!!!! OH happy day!!!!!!!!!

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

Fill took about 36 hours with 3/4 inch service line and 3/4 inch hose running 60PSI. Tested the water and there is some change in from the source tests - looks like the pool took away some CH as thats lowered to 125 and the PH is higher at 8.2 FC/CC are both low as this is city water service at 1.5 PPM for both - most likely I will lose that in the next day or so as there is no CYA. We will start up the pool Tuesday as we are in the middle of the Labor Day weekend. Cover should be arriving next week and we just had the concrete curb installed by https://www.facebook.com/curbyournature Very highly reccomended.
    The artificial turf Diamond Pro Spring - Synthetic Grass Warehouse should be ready in about a week and a half...
    Should have some feedback on the iAqualink stuff soon too - just playing with the lights right now.

18. Back To Top    #18

I would go ahead and put some CYA and bleach in if you think there is any chance of algae.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

19. Back To Top    #19

Dropped some CYA (4 lbs as pool is over 16,000 gal) and also some Muriatic Acid (Per Pool Pal 24 oz to target 7.6 vs current 8.2)
    Will test in a few more hours - still doing the daily brushing loads of it! The pumps and filter come on line tomorrow. Fingers Crossed.
    17,000 IG Plaster/Pebble, All Jandy equipt VS 2.0 HP Pump, Cartridge filter - Installed Sept 1 2015 TF-100 test kit (Yes Nature 2 but no metals cartridge - and an Ozone box - I know...) Coverpools cover, deck jets and all the iAqualink goodies. Filled off city water

20. Back To Top    #20

Waiting till the AM to do the full test again
    FC 0.5
    PH 7.2
    TA 60
    CYA 30
    17,000 IG Plaster/Pebble, All Jandy equipt VS 2.0 HP Pump, Cartridge filter - Installed Sept 1 2015 TF-100 test kit (Yes Nature 2 but no metals cartridge - and an Ozone box - I know...) Coverpools cover, deck jets and all the iAqualink goodies. Filled off city water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast