Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Where do you buy PVC connectors?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Where do you buy PVC connectors?

    i need new connectors to my filter and heater? Where do I buy theses?

    ~20,000 inground plaster pool
    1.5 HP Hayward
    Sand Filter

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad tim5055's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Franklin, NC

    Re: Where do you buy PVC connectors?

    Where are these hooking up to the system, a photo or two of that would help.

    Most PVC used in pools is stock off the shelf stuff from the big box stores, but that part with the "O" ring probably is not. Specialty parts may need to be obtained from the manufacturer of the equipment it attaches to. I'm going to go,out on a limb and guess the O ring part is a hook up to the heater???
    TFP Moderator

    Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

    Support the site

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    San Jose, CA

    Re: Where do you buy PVC connectors?

    I do my research and then check Amazon. Looks to me like a coupling. Not sure of size. These are ones I use: : Hayward SP14982S 2-Inch Socket White PVC Flush Female Socket Union : Swimming Pool Heaters : Patio, Lawn Garden

    I agree with previous post. A picture of where theses actually are connected would be great.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad jblizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Tucson, AZ

    Re: Where do you buy PVC connectors?

    They are not couplings, they are unions. But, I agree with Tim in that you will likely have to get them from the equipment manufacturer as they often use proprietary threads.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

  5. Back To Top    #5

    In the Industry

    poolkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Mesa, AZ

    Re: Where do you buy PVC connectors?

    As mentioned, those parts are part of the unions that connect to their respective equipment. It would help if you could post pictures of the equipment to which they attach.

    The top picture (black plastic) looks to be made by Hayward, but I'm not 100% sure.

    The bottom picture shows an old union tail piece made by PacFab, now Pentair. The part number for the union kit is 271096. Search and you'll find them still available - picture below.

    APSP Certified Building Professional
    APSP Certified Service Professional
    NSPF Certified Pool Operator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts