ZorbO oil scum absorber? Thoughts about these....?

duganderson

Jan 26, 2021
Minneapolis
Do folks have experience with the Floating ZorbO Oil Scum Absorber. I used one when I first got my hot tub and it seemed to absorb LOTS of gunk. The idea of physically removing oils and scums is appealing and they cost only about $22 total for the year.

Do you feel like these work well or are helpful?

The directions say to rinse them with fresh water every week and replace ever 4 month.

The ZorbO descriptions say....

"promotes cleaner hot tub spa & pool water for months. Hi-tech polymer with flow-thru design wicks-up oily film and inanimate scum. Reduces odors & foam. Can't obstruct plumbing system like small sponge-rubber floaters.
  • Absorbs oily contaminates
  • Reduces foaming & odors
  • 400% more effective than foam balls"

Last edited:
I'm not sure they do anything. My tub can with an oil absorbing sponge when I bought it and I kept it in for a couple months but it was always clean and didn't pick up anything. I attribute that to following the methods from this website though. I think if you keep your water balanced and well sanitized there's not enough scum or oil to be picked up by the sponge.

dan1333....... I used the first ZorbO I had when I first got the tub and I was struggling with water quality before I started using the diclor/bleach TFP approach and my SWCG. I had an extra ZorbO from when I bought the first one. I'm trying it now and I'm curious if mine will now just stay clean like yours since my water is much better managed now with support from TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.