Zodiac G3 Getting Stuck

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
I have a Zodiac G3 that gets stuck constantly on my suction grate thats on the pool wall. It just gets wedged in there as the grate sticks out from the wall a bit. Usually on the weekends when i see it i have to yank the tubing to release it manually. God knows what’s going on while I'm at work anyone have any ideas to solve?
BFC7F8B8-E411-4124-B217-D707B0258523.jpeg

Nice to meet you via TFP :)

You could try reducing the suction from that intake (divert more suction to the skimmer) or reduce the amount of suction force on the cleaner.

You can also try relocating the hose weight a bit closer or further from the cleaner, or even removing it, and see what happens.

If that's a return jet I see, you could try aiming the eyeball at the hose in the position it most often gets caught at.

Reactions: thomearl
I ended up removing the wheel shaped bumper because it would always hang up on the raised drain grates on the wall. It would still occasionally climb the wall in that area just enough to get stuck on the grates until I slightly lowered the suction. It'll still get stuck occasionally but rarely.
There is a corner near the stairs that it would get stuck in after removing the bumper but raising the weight up higher on the hose pretty much eliminated that problem.

Reactions: thomearl
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.