Yet another problem with iAqualink

Apr 16, 2015
Rosenberg/TX
A couple of weeks ago, I went into the app to turn on the spa for the kids. Everything worked fine, got the spa going, heater, etc. A few hours later I logged in via the PC to shut everything down. The problem was that the menu of options that is normally displayed wasn't. In fact, several of the sub-menus also were "missing" selections. I was able to shut things down via the buttons on the control panel but had to put it into Service Mode to do so.

Obviously, I have a couple of questions:
1) Anyone else see this and if so, what was the problem?
2) Is the menu/control done via the B00088 or the main service panel?
3) Is there any other system out there that has a better reliability than Jandy's iAqualink? I'm getting pretty tired of having to fix stuff on a 3-year old pool every time I turn around.

Bill W

The iAquaLink is trash. I bought one when I was a new pool owner not knowing any better and I've been dealing with it's issues every since. This very issue happens quite often. There should be a switch (probably like an outdoor light switch) that supplies 120V power to the control panel. You can turn it off and then back on to reset the controller and it should fix the issue. If you don't have a switch, flip the breaker that provides power to the panel. If that doesn't fix it, then you have a communication issue which you will find tons of posts on if you look. Good luck!

It turns out that after running the pumps via the service panel for about 3 weeks, I tried the iAqualink one more time and is working now. Not sure what I did as I did not power down or push the reset button. Guess the pool gods granted me a favor or something.

FWIW, still researching replacing this monstrosity with something more opensource like an arduino or something. According to google, some have done it (albeit with varying degrees of success).

Bill W.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.