Yes, no, or depends-ig equipment on agp?

Re: Cloudy water not clearing up?

Your CH is on the high end of the scale. A high level here COULD lead to cloudy water. What have you been using to "shock" your pool? The CYA level does matter, as that's what we use to base the recommend FC levels. The higher CYA level's you've got.....the higher FC levels you need to have to maintain a clean pool. For now I'd suggest to read "pool school" and try an OCLT and let us know the results. Your issue could be several things and ruling out any algae growth is a good place to start.

Welcome to the site!

Re: Cloudy water not clearing up?

I'm fairly sure my cya is less than 40. I didn't let it get higher than that last summer.

I did cheat and use a closing kit from biogaurd. I had enough at the end of the season. The water was clear when we closed, and in November when we had some cover issues. It was crystal clear like I said, before I added water.

I haven't done anything except add bleach. I'll check the number tomorrow am and see if we pass the oclt. It's so frustrating since my sister doesn't even cover her pool and her swamp clears up no problem.

Filter shouldnt be channeled since we just switched out the sand...using zeosand, did backwash the way the directions say.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Yes, no, or depends-ig equipment on adp?

MNpooldreamer,

I merged your posts into one topic so you don't have to start all over explaining your situation and everyone can see the "story" of your pool.

Re: Yes, no, or depends-ig equipment on adp?

Thanks for moving them together...it does make sense to have the history, I just didn't want to get buried cause everyone had already seen my op.

Anyway, we passed the oclt. Chlorine went from 6 to 5.5 in over 14 hours...or should I really not lose any because we're not using it and it's cold? Then sun wasn't on it at any time, but it was daylight for a few hours this morning.

Should I tackle the TA? I will only be able to aerate by turning the return up...wasn't very effective last year...or better yet, I'm not very patient.

I have some muratic acid, borates and 1 jug of chlorine on hand (it is so early, I wasn't planning on opening for another month). I'm headed into town today so I'll pick up some more muratic acid. I know not to add borates til TA is under control.

I know we can use dry acid too to lower ta? Will that work in my case or are there chemicals in that affect the calcium hardness?

Thanks for all the support!
Michelle

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.