Wow, our first pool

indpowr

Apr 3, 2012
This is pretty exciting for us. We happen to live between two amazing dealers - San Juan and Viking Pools. We were going to go with a concrete pool but after the quotes came in the fiberglass was just a much better option. The pool is a Blue Hawaiian (aka Viking) Blue Isle (35x15) with a Extreme Quartz Blue Galaxy finish. We topped it off with tile. The colors when the sun hits it are amazing. :party:

The deck area will be 46x34 concrete. We want flow create but do not think it will be in the budget right now. We upgraded the pump and will have 2 streamers and 3 LED lights in it.

The pool gets delivered Weds and should start to go in the ground the same day. Then it will be a little time setting it all up. We have plenty of space on the property so room will not be an issue! :whoot:

backyard

PSW

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hey indpowr, welcome to TFP and congratulations on your new pool! Please share as many pictures as you can during your installation process! Most pool-build pictures tend to be gunite, so it would be great to learn from your experience!

indpowr

Apr 3, 2012
Is there a reason more people do a gunite?

If anyone has suggestions on some good/bad points to do such as COL vs. Salt let me know. I am a newbie

George N

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2011
New Caney, Texas
Salt just makes it easier to maintain i think, And I like the way the water feels. No hauling jugs of bleach. But there are bleach dispensers you can get too.

indpowr

Apr 3, 2012
Day 1 of the pool install - looks great and going fast. The inspector is coming out Thurs

PSW

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Looking great so far! Keep up the good work and keep sharing pictures! :goodjob:
Is there a reason more people do a gunite?
I didn't mean most people 'do' gunite..I meant that most people that share pictures happen to be gunite pools! I think you will be very happy with your pool! :party:

indpowr

Apr 3, 2012
nothing to crazy today just a lot of back fill and filling the pool. inspection was done.

indpowr

Apr 3, 2012
Day 4 work day. (did not work Easter weekend)

Pluming is laid out and attached tot he pool and back fill almost complete.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
While I have seen the fiberglass install before, I have never seen it with the tile pre-applied. Did they indicate to you what type of mastic they used?

TK13LG

Mar 19, 2012
That's cool how the tile is pre-applied. I think this looks better overall....we are having issue with ours right now.

rm1759

May 11, 2012
any chances of getting an update on how this install went? especially the timeline? I am interested in that exact pool model...

techguy

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2010
Antelope, CA
Good luck on getting a comment, the last post from that user account was back in April. A PM might get you response.