Would heating the pool save palms in San Antonio, Texas?

Hal3

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
It is supposed to drop to single-digit temperatures for several days even in San Antonio. Our pool area has mature palms that have likely never been so cold before. I really don't want to risk losing 🥶

Last edited:
Wouldn't hurt but I doubt it will help. Any significant wind in the wrong direction would most likely render this heat useless. I'd cover with some sheets or blankets. Add some heat-tape if you can find it. Sometimes the box stores carry this or you can order on Amazon. Incandescent lights are an alternate but not very safe in wet environments like you probably have. I would not risk them. When I was choosing palms for our location many seem to be able to tolerate occasional freezing and even down to 20 deg for short periods of time. Nothing I could find went below this so I would definitely take more action than just heating up the pool.

Good luck and stay safe!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.