Worth Voiding Warranty for SWG?

Bradyz

Nov 7, 2021
Utah
We recently just bought a new above ground pool (Savannah Round Pool), we want to switch to an SWG but in the manual it says it won't cover, "Damage due to the installation and use of a salt chlorine system." It has resin top rails and uprights but the wall is steel and there are other parts that are steel as well.

Is it worth potentially voiding the warranty to install an SWG?
Looking anywhere other than here at TFP people warn about corrosion issues with SWG pools, should I be worried if I keep the pool properly balanced?
Besides convenience is there any other benefit to an SWG pool vs an automatic chlorinator with borates?

I have been reading as much as I can on the subject here and anywhere else I can find. Thanks everyone!

Pool salt water is slightly more corrosive than tap water. Something to think about: How long is the pool's warranty? If it is one year than it probably won't make much difference. I would think that the pool would not corrode in one year with salt water.

Check the label on your bleach and its Sodium hyperchlorite. Most 'Chlorine pools' reach 1/2 to 2/3 the salinity of a 'salt pool' on their own over time. So the entire anti-salt argument hinges on that 5-7% of the salinity of sea water is OK and 10% is damaging.

Poor materials will weather from moisture either way.

Most warranties have so many loopholes that they aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Pool warranties generally require a weekly pool store test to verify the water. How long are you going to keep that up, and how long will they do it for free when you tell them 'thanks but no thanks' for their suggestions ?

Good luck either way !!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.