Wiring

The bond wire around the pool is supposed to be roughly 15" away from the pool all the way around it and buried 4"-6" below the finished grade.
If you want to be super technical, 18 to 24 inches away from the pool wall and 4-6 inches below sub-grade, but your description is probably close enough if you don't get a picky inspector.
NEC 680.26 (B) (2)(b) (4-5)

Unless you were going to do concrete and rebar, then you would just tie into the rebar.

As you can see the breaker is installed on the top left side in the panel
e9u7yqes.jpg

Here you can see that I used flexible PVC to run from house to the point where the rigid PVC is sticking out out of the ground
urupysuq.jpg

Here is the photo towards the pool
uvysegyd.jpg

This photo shows the pole with timer and twist lock outlet. I put a solar light cap on the top of pole to just make it look nice
ve8a8eza.jpg

Here is the timer
u6y9atej.jpg

And here is the twist lock outlet
je7ubeve.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Guys I need more help. I know I should have done this before but I just didn't think I will need it. My wife bought a pool light so I need to put a GFCI outlet close to the pool. Is it possible to do it somehow from the line that I already have run for the pool timer and pump?

Having a separate circuit is a very good idea. You definitely want a separate GFCI for the lights.
Ahh. That is what I thought. Hopefully I will be able to pull two more cables in the PVC conduit. It is underground already so I will have to find something rigid to get thru there.

Forgot to say earlier, nice photo shoot of your install :goodjob: It's always nice to "see" what someone is talking about.

You might need to buy or rent a wire puller / fish tape to get those wires in there.

Attachments

• Fish Tape.jpg
    Fish Tape.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 32
I think you said you used 1/2 conduit? You can get up to 8 individual #12 conductors in there... you pulled just the 3-THHN conductors for your current timer/outlet right? If so, you should be able to get two more for the light circuit. You can share the ground as long as it is sized for the largest circuit in the conduit. You may need to use some wire pull lube, or worst case pull out the 3 you have in there (tie a pull cord to the end first), and then pull through the set of 5 all at once. Seems like more work, but if you can't get the snake through easily in a few minutes, I would abandon that and go with the second method. The roughest point will be at the 90 deg turn at the timer end.

Good advice on pulling out the existing wires and tie all together. I will definately try that if I have troubles pulling the two. Right now we have a heavy rain out here so no work for me. I will try as soon as possible and let you guys know if it worked

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.