Winterizing valve for pool cover

Jul 6, 2017
Lynn, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've already closed my swimming pool. This year I would like to drain some of the water that accumulates on the top into the pool. The only product I found that does this is the following:

One-Way Winter Pool Valve - The Pool Supplies Superstore

The same product is also sold in other places like Amazon and eBay. I would like to know if anyone has tried this method of draining the pool and, if so, how well does it work?

And yes, I'm smart enough not to drain too much water into the pool so that the water level remains safely low enough. I also have a passive siphon pump I've been using for a few years that flows out into the yard.

The only problem I can imagine by using this is that ice on top of the pool can shift if you lower water below, and you don't want to mess with ice on the liner pool or the edges could cut the liner.

Take that with a grain of salt because I don't have a liner pool and am going on past posts I've read here warning about shifting ice at times.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.