Winterizing a Caretaker 5 in-floor cleaning system

TritonPoolMGMT

In The Industry
Sep 15, 2015
Brantford
Hi folks.

I am going to be closing a pool with a Caretaker 5 cleaning system which I have not winterized previously. I am trying to determine what the best course of action is to winterize the lines which run from the unit to the pool. I am under the impression that I can individually blow out each line by removing the gear mechanism but not sure how to create an air lock once I have blown them out. I can definitely put a rubber expandable into the hole but would lose pressure when I remove blower and add plug. Also considered stuffing a long length of foam rope into each port to take on any expansion in line.

Also watched a video where another builder installed the Caretaker unit above ground and individually valved each line which would make the air lock option possible but would mean I would need to replumb unit.

Just wanted to get an idea of what others have done to winterize these units.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.