jenck

May 28, 2021
Southwestern Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
first time to do the winterize by ourselves. still have a question after read and watch videos.
we have a light under water , cannot removed. after take off from the wall what should we do? just left it floating there? cannot remember what happened last year when the company did the winterize for us.

thanks

Last edited:
Hmm I've never heard of lights being removed before at all. Nothing special is done with either of mine and we get hard freezes.

thanks. after read again. we decided to sink it so it will below the water and not floating.
I know some older style lights it was recommended to always keep them wet to prevent the seal from drying out. This was for times when pool was being replastered and the light fixture was exposed to dry environment.

If you have drained your pool below the light fixture, then it may be best to keep that light submerged. I would refer to the mfg. recommendation if that is available.

Reactions: jenck
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.