Winter water level

Do you know where the leak is? My concern with adding water is that if ice freezes in the top layer, and then water starts leaking from below the ice layer the ice is just going to rip your liner as the water level lowers down.

Reactions: Newdude
Do you know where the leak is? My concern with adding water is that if ice freezes in the top layer, and then water starts leaking from below the ice layer the ice is just going to rip your liner as the water level lowers down.
No, no idea where the leak is. Been fighting leaks since we got a new liner a couple years ago. Keep patching and finding them, but still seems we have more.

Plumbing was pressure treated this year and found no leaks there.

No, no idea where the leak is. Been fighting leaks since we got a new liner a couple years ago. Keep patching and finding them, but still seems we have more.

Plumbing was pressure treated this year and found no leaks there.
Seems like you might be in trouble either way. You might see where it stops leaking which could tell you where the leak is. But I know it’s not good to lower liner pool too far.

Any idea why you are having so many leaks so soon? What caused the other leaks?

Seems like you might be in trouble either way. You might see where it stops leaking which could tell you where the leak is. But I know it’s not good to lower liner pool too far.

Any idea why you are having so many leaks so soon? What caused the other leaks?
I believe because of really poor installation. A couple of the leaks were pull aways and or cuts to large around openings. Last one we had fixed by another company was because the liner had an opening by the light. The original installer just placed a small piece of vinyl over it. I happen to notice it while swimming last summer because it was just flapping around.

Company that fixed it pulled the light assembly and put a a full circle and the entire light.

I believe because of really poor installation. A couple of the leaks were pull aways and or cuts to large around openings. Last one we had fixed by another company was because the liner had an opening by the light. The original installer just placed a small piece of vinyl over it. I happen to notice it while swimming last summer because it was just flapping around.

Company that fixed it pulled the light assembly and put a a full circle and the entire light.
That’s too bad. Maybe someone with a liner pool experience can comment on which option is least bad. @Newdude

Unless you're going to get in there and check, you will have to let it go to find the height of the leak. 12 to 18 inches in the shallow end is needed to keep the liner in place so hopefully it stops before that.

I think if it were my pool, I'd add water weekly all winter, if i couldnt get a leak company to fix it now. A pain, yes, but better than the pool walls possibly collapsing. While it would technically shift the ice, it'd be no worse than all the rain we get on the warm days when the pool is still frozen, if adding a little at a time instead of 2 ft at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.