Winter Mesh Cover. Is this normal?

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
So I am using a mesh cover for the first time. Every time it rains, the water takes too long to drain through so it weighs it down and makes it sit in the water. Is this normal? I have it stretched so tight, it is tearing around the grommets. It just seems like this is not what it should be doing. :unsure:

cover.jpg

How much water did you drain before closing? It’s normal to take a few for it to drain through but the water level looks like it maybe a bit low thus the water in the pool isn’t holding the covers weight up.

Being this is a AGP you may have trouble pulling it taught so that the center remains at the same level or close to the portion near the wall. As this cover is mesh water will drain through but also as the water gets higher in the pool there will be a puddle in the center that gets larger as water gets higher. Winter covers for IG pools have anchors in the pool deck and springs at each anchoring point giving lots of tension and will only see water when the water level gets very high.

Reactions: Leebo
It's probably not normal if the grommets are tearing. I use a solid cover, but I wouldn't want all that weight pulling toward the middle. I can't tell if the cover is sitting in the water or outside water is pooling on the cover.

I drained the water about 4 inches below the return. That's about 17" below the top of the wall. Instructions said between 14" and 18". Before the rain it was fine. The leaves would sit there nice and dry and simply blow off with the wind. Now that it has rained, the water has pulled it down to the water level and it is sitting in/on the surface of the water. It's like the rain water doesn't drain through the cover fast enough. So it puddles and weighs it down. I am pretty disappointed with this product thus far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.