Winter Cover with diving board, latter, slide, etc....?

Nate4429

Mar 8, 2019
Marysville, Wa
I’ve started to look at winter covers for our first winter with our new house that has a 20’x40’ unground pool and I noticed it’s recommended to have a cover that has 5’ of overlap on all sides....every side of our pool has something that would keep us from having anymore than a foot at best around it and even that is generous. Any thoughts on what we can do? Previous owners just left the solar cover on all year around and it was nasty when I opened it with 12” night crawlers in a 2-3” of dirt build up in the bottom of it. So I would like a better winter cover ?? but not sure it’s possible...see pic.

Attachments

• EE5F4E59-9D11-4BA2-9296-7346C9A1B718.jpeg
    EE5F4E59-9D11-4BA2-9296-7346C9A1B718.jpeg
    434.6 KB · Views: 31
Either all the stuff comes out and the custom cover has holes for the ladder/slide/diving board/handrail brackets, or the cover has notches that fit perfectly around all the brackets. The ladder had to come out for sure. If it has brackets like the slide the cover needs grommet/holes where they are. Also cant see how the railing attaches but its probably similar.

It’s probably no more custom made (or expensive) than any other one off custom shape, but it will be as expensive as a one off custom shaped pool. Mine was technically custom with a 20X40 rectangle with side steps, but nobody came to measure it and they used a stock pattern based on where my steps were. Mine was $2700 installed which I’m assuming had to do with the fairly common design. I’ve seen quotes as high as $6k for total custom covers. But there could be lots of builder markup in that also so it could also come down to who you order it from. They will need reinforced holes at all of the bracket locations so they don’t wear through the cover. Like anything else, Call a bunch of people and go with the best fit. (Pun intended)

Reactions: Nate4429
That’s more expensive than the pool heater I want to get next spring! ? crazy. I’m not sure I can justify that cost. Maybe I can continue to run my Dolphin Nautilus every couple of weeks during the winter??? Anybody have any other ideas to save some money?

That’s more expensive than the pool heater I want to get next spring! ? crazy. I’m not sure I can justify that cost. Maybe I can continue to run my Dolphin Nautilus every couple of weeks during the winter??? Anybody have any other ideas to save some money?
Solid Vinyl pool cover.
with water bags, you're looking at $350 tops.

Lasts around 5 years

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.