WiFi Issues with new M600 robot

P.W.H

Jan 31, 2020
New Zealand
I just received my M600 today. It's happily busy in the pool ... but sadly the software has completely left me very annoyed. It registers and recognizes the robot. Then it wants to go online. But it cannot deal with my dual band Amplifi router, and just sits there for ages, mulls it over and does not connect. I can NOT get past that and try to use the software with a bluetooth connection, because it always immediately wants to connect to wifi. No 'skip' or bypass option that I can see. I have no idea how to turn the 5Ghz off on my router, unfortunately. :mad:
My android phone won't even connect on bluetooth -- it wants a PIN, suggests I use 0000 or 1234 and then fails. At least the ipad seems to connect without generating a PIN, but it also gets stuck on the futile attempts to connect to the wifi.

So frustrating.

Eventually managed to 'hack' this by creating a secondary SSID on my router that is limited to 2.4 Ghz, connecting the ipad to that limited network, then connecting
the ipad to the M600. The app came to life. Probably beyond most people, digging into the advanced settings on a multi node router.
After another failed attempt by the controller/power supply to connect to the 'net, later in the day, I finally got the option to drive the robot via bluetooth by the app.

I am impressed with the robot so far, but not so impressed by the writers of that app, nor by the response from customer service who told me that the M600 must
be connected to wifi for updates and otherwise referring me to their help webpages (which I had already studied extensively to no avail). If it must be connected,
then I [sarcastically] wonder how the other dolphins, the M400 etc manage to work without connectivity.

Typically the different bands will have different SSIDs...for instance
View attachment 126107
Thanks for that. My Ubiquity mesh router works a little different - everything runs under one ssid, all bands, on the router and mesh nodes. I needed to set up a special SSID on one Mesh node, then limit that extra SSID to 2.4 Ghz ONLY.
So. Some confusion arose over what that node uses as password for the new ID - ha. Got that sorted. Ubiquity's online help chat bot is actually good .... both my phone and my ipad happily connect to the new 2.4 Ghz SSID from the location of the robot's controller.

Sadly, my connectivity problems continue. Ipad completely lost the plot, came back with errors like 'the cloud server is offline'. Would not longer connect on bluetooth, even though I stood over the controller.
However, the android phone could see the Dolphin just fine. Deleted Mydolphin Plus from Ipad, reinstalled. Got through the whole setup again ... This is the second delete & re-install. {eye roll}. For now, it talks to the Dolphin again.
We'll see how this saga goes on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.