Why... WHY?!?

So who is censoring comments and deleting peoples replies on this forum? I’m not “allowed” to share my opinion??
I have no idea what you said. My gues is that you didn't follow one of the forum rules.

Great read! -->

Last edited:
security watching GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk and PoolStored
where antagonism and potentially offending comments are not allowed.
Well, we are certainly breaking the rules by hijacking this thread (HA!). Maybe it needs to be a different thread.

I, for one, like it here for Matt's quote above, and we actually have a bit of fun at times too. (love my GIF button!). I choose to spend my time here, contributing to the wiki and helping others, because many other forms of "social media" are just an echo chamber of negativity and sniping. And I've made some virtual friends. And I've learned A LOT from others. What is more fun that helping others get the fun on (in the pool)?

GIF button powers activate!

Happy John Oliver GIF by Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
You've inspired me to reach out again to see if he needs help with the pool (or anything else).
Ya know @Dirk I’m so glad to see this as THIS is desperately needed this day and age. This photo is a mirror image for the workroom in my garage, it once was spotless with everything in its place, but now there’s tools everywhere and the trash can is full. I’ve had some things going on over the last year (plus) that’s really getting to me and what seems like something simple like cleaning the bench actually seems meaningless to me right now. Reach out to them, just talk and listen…..it really goes a long way.

Ya know @Dirk im so glad to see this as THIS is desperately needed this day and age. This photo is a mirror image for the workroom in my garage, it once was spotless with everything in its place, but now there’s tools everywhere and the trash can is full. I’ve had some things going on over the last year (plus) that’s really getting to me and what seems like something simple like cleaning the bench actually seems meaningless to me right now. Reach out to them, just talk and listen…..it really goes a long way.
I had forgotten about a brief stint where my front yard had gotten away from me. Only one neighbor said anything, a little joke, but it didn't offend me, and he said it to my face. On the other hand, if I had later learned that neighbors were talking about me behind my back, or plotting some sort of neighborhood mini-revolt to get me to mow my lawn, or to turn me in to authorities, I would have been devastated and probably would not now have the great relationships I have with my neighbors.

Now had one of them come to me with an offer to help me, or even mow my lawn for me, well, it would have been, and felt, amazing! I'd rather be that guy.

We may never have great success evangelizing TFPC to our friends and family, but we gotta try, right?

So I was trying to figure out how to broach the subject with my neighbor (I had yet to go over there since I started this thread), and an unrelated pretext presented itself today where I could go have a conversation with him. Two other neighbors have had the same plumbing failure, so I wanted to share that with him so that he could hopefully avoid it. So I do, and after that chat I just nonchalantly say "How's the pool doing?"

He admitted that it had gotten away from him, so I offered again to help him with it. He reminded me, again, that he's had pools before, as if to say "I know what I'm doing," but then he did say that maybe he'd take me up on the offer. He said he just hasn't had time to deal with it. And we all know how that can be. So I say "Any time, glad to help," and resisted the temptation to go into why he needs to take care of it sooner than later.

I think he would rather I fix his plumbing than his pool, but plumbing sucks so I didn't offer that. Anywho, did what I could. And while I doubt he'll let me help solve his pool problems, at least I can feel a little less of a jerk about it...

Thanks again all for the perspective.

Offering to help was a nice gesture. Hopefully he’ll take you up on it. Seems he is a bit overwhelmed by all that needs to be done. Understandable. Plumbing troubles and house troubles in general can be a lot to grapple with sometimes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.