Why bother with Trichlor tabs if they keep jacking up cya levels?

Jul 15, 2018
Cary, NC
Have had pools for years .prior two were salt. Here in North Carolina we went with ozone / chlorine. But without any particular focus on type of chlorine. Pool guy started us with Trichlor. And have been dealing with elevated cya since we had. Seems an industry scam to put something in pool that will continue to make the Chlorine ineffective over time... and I don’t want to drain. I am going to try bioactive to see how that works. But can I simply change to non stabilized tablets? If so... heard I can’t use same dosing unit that has the Trichlor...due to hazards... true or myth?

Have had pools for years .prior two were salt. Here in North Carolina we went with ozone / chlorine. But without any particular focus on type of chlorine. Pool guy started us with Trichlor. And have been dealing with elevated cya since we had. Seems an industry scam to put something in pool that will continue to make the Chlorine ineffective over time... and I don’t want to drain. I am going to try bioactive to see how that works. But can I simply change to non stabilized tablets? If so... heard I can’t use same dosing unit that has the Trichlor...due to hazards... true or myth?
Sorry guys... I never saw your answer to my similar post last year. I’m all covered... thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.