Who has easy touch wireless remote?

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
Ours is less then a year old and we have issues with losing communication. This is the third time dealing with this so I am wondering if this will be a continuous problem with having a wireless remote or might I have a problem? In the past the problem has been corrected by resetting the system. However this time resetting is not fixing the problem and it takes an act of congress to get PB to get issue corrected ( it's been a week and I am still waiting to hear when the issue will be resolved). SO just wondering if this is typical problem. Thanks.

I had the same thing happen to my 6 month old easytouch system... the remote lost connection twice and needed to be reset at the panel then it lost connection and nothing i could do would get it back. The pool company ended up replacing the transmitter antenna out at the pad and it's back to normal now.

No problems here! Love my Easy Touch! Mine has never lost a connection. The only thing I have thought was odd, is that it will go through batteries fast. Typically I seem to need to change the batteries twice during the season, using alkaline batteries.

Yea, ours blows through batteries too only more like once a month I have to change them. No one has come out to check/fix it yet but I am thinking this has got to be a major problem so I will talk in depth with who ever comes out. Thanks for input.

I have the easytouch wireless remote. We have had similar problems with losing communication.

The PB replaced the antenna module in the easy touch control panel, replaced our remote twice, etc. It has stopped working on us 3 times. Our PB warned us ahead of time that the wireless controllers where his number one service call. We really wanted the wireless option though to turn on/off spa jets from the spa though.

What has currently fixed the issue (for now) is replacing the antenna module. The tech said they can get water in them which shorts out the antenna. It works great now.

I have the key remote for my intellatouch system and had issues with the remote. I fixed it by---
1 Placing the antenna close to the top of my roof overhang. This helps in reception and keeping the water out of the antenna.
2 Changing the code. One of my neighbors 3 doors down had the same system and I kept turning on and off their waterfall & spa.
My PB told me that water is the 1 issue

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.