Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi -
There are a couple of small white spots (less than dime sized) in our pebble sheen in the deep end of the pool, near the drain. I went down with a mask and it's not on top of the pebbles - it's like there are no pebbles there. Not sure why it would be white, since the base color of the plaster is blueish.
I am sure that I am the only person who will ever notice, so unless it impacts the warranty I'm OK with it.
PB rep says "as there are no leaks, there are no concerns and Pebble stands behind the finish with a lifetime guarantee" but... should I ask for a Pebble Sheen inspection, or just take his word? (note - there have been a lot of "inaccurate" (being generous here) statements from the PB rep, so his credibility is 0. He just says stuff... )

Thanks!

Reactions: pooldv
If you can, get underwater pictures. And you can certainly contact PebbleTec directly and ask for their opinion. There are strict requirements and training required to install their products.

It could be that section got chipped off and exposing the gunite or old plaster?

If you can, get underwater pictures. And you can certainly contact PebbleTec directly and ask for their opinion. There are strict requirements and training required to install their products.

It could be that section got chipped off and exposing the gunite or old plaster?
There wasn't any old plaster (brand new pool) and the gunite was far, far from white. I have no idea.
I'll try to get under water pictures, and/or contact the local pebble tec rep.

Thanks!

There wasn't any old plaster (brand new pool) and the gunite was far, far from white. I have no idea.
I'll try to get under water pictures, and/or contact the local pebble tec rep.

Thanks!
I realize this is an old thread but did you ever hear anything? I have a couple of these marks too and they’re concerning me.

I realize this is an old thread but did you ever hear anything? I have a couple of these marks too and they’re concerning me.
The spots are still there. We are living with them. They look like they are about a millimeter deep, white with no pebbles, and a maximum centimeter in diameter in the deep end. Pool is three years old, and they haven't gotten worse and the rest of the finish is fine. No one else would notice them.

Reactions: JenniferMarie90
The spots are still there. We are living with them. They look like they are about a millimeter deep, white with no pebbles, and a maximum centimeter in diameter in the deep end. Pool is three years old, and they haven't gotten worse and the rest of the finish is fine. No one else would notice them.
It’s very similar situation to me. I guess I’m just worried if more pop up but for now it’s just two. Thanks for getting back to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.