White powder on pool floor after adding salt with clarifier

samjesse

Feb 14, 2020
Sydney Australia
Hi

I got the pool water tested by a local reputable pool shop, they gave me the print out attached and sold me 2 Kg buffer to raise the very low TA which I did, but did not have salt so I purchased some salt with clarifier from bunnings (local hardware mega store in Sydney).

I added the 2 Kg to fix the TA, waited 2 weeks till the water was very clear then added 45kg of the salt I purchased hy-clr super salt
A week later I noticed this white power at the pool floor “see photo”. Any idea what is it and how to deal with it?

Thank you

Attachments

• 1 test results.jpg
    1 test results.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 3 pool floor.jpg
    3 pool floor.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 21
Hmmm... Your last PoolMath test result was a month ago? Then you had FC 10, CC 6 (??), TA 20..... Somethings not right here?
So you added Baking Soda (TA Increaser) and then Salt w/ a clarifier added to the pool- are you brushing well to get all that into circulation?

Can you pick up any of this "white powder" ? Do you think its related to the salt you added that contained a clarifier??

Can you run a panel of tests with your own Clear Choice kit-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt

Maddie :flower:

Ok.... kinda high FC ... what's going on here? That CC reading is telling you something is growing in the water, or some kind of contaminate is in there. Are you attempting a SLAM process?? SLAM Process
If so, please follow the chart in the SLAM column--> FC/CYA Levels

Is the white stuff still present or has the filter picked it up?

I just updated my Pool Math
FC 20
CC 2.5
pH 7.4
TA 100
CH 200
CYA 40
Salt 3200
That looks like a pool store test and not from your test kit. If it was from your kit Are you sure the CC is right? If it is, you’ve got something growing in the water, but I’d suspect test error before that.

Have you been using non-chlorine shock?

I just tested the water using my kit and here are the numbers:
FC 5
CC 0.5
pH 7.3
TA 45
CH 200
CYA 25
Salt 1000

We had some rain but for the salt to drop to 1000 after adding 45K is something I don't understand.
I vacuumed the floor and noticed the white powder in return. So, I still have some of it on the floor, next time I will just vacuum it out to the drain once I get a chance.
I set the coloranator to zero to reduce the previous high reading now I am going to raise it to 6.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.