Whisperflo to Superflo

Tek

Mar 20, 2015
Louisville, KY
Need advice, my 1hp Whisperflo pump recently died and I ordered a 1.5hp Superflo pump. For my size pool, 28k gallons, floor jets, and spa seats aka buddy seats. Did I make a mistake?

I was assuming it was an upgrade due to the increase in HP, but reading up more... I realized they are not the same.

Now I am planning to move in a year or so... So that played a difference in the money I wanted to spend, but I still need to make it through this pool season lol.

Your signature says a WF-24 which is actually an up-rated 1 HP. On 2" plumbing, this will produce about 75 GPM. The 1.5 HP SuperFlo is also an up-rated pump and will also produce about 75 GPM. So I think you are good as long as the last pump produced enough flow for the features you have.

I wasn't sure since the sticker stated 1hp on the side of the whisperflo. The whisperflo couldn't push enough water to run the deck jets, returns and spa seats all at the same time. I normally would have to reduce flow to one of the features, but honestly rare I would run all at once anyways.

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.