Which fiberglass pool to chose

Jul 27, 2016
Texas
I have selected a pool builder I want to use. They have both Leisure and Viking fiberglass pools available. They just recommend looking at the shapes/sizes available and choosing the one I like the most. Prices are very close from what they tell me. Any opinions on which one is better in terms of structural and finish quality?

They are both common, popular brands.
What you want to compare is the skill and experience of the installer- will he be using stone backfill and base and NOT sand?
Does he have the equipment to lift the pool adequately (evenly, well harnessed, crew available to help place the pool level and tweak the adjustment properly?)
Does he do a good amount of these installations yearly? You don't want to be his first couple.....

Just a few things I can think of....perhaps others will have more input.

We love our fiberglass pool but its not a big brand. It was a Hatteras Pool made locally in South Caroline.

Maddie :flower:

For the models I want price installed are the same, builder says his cost is within a few hundred dollars of each other for the shell delivered to site. The builder is also saying he can use a Trilogy pool instead of viking if I like one of their colors more (looks like viking and trilogy are basically the same pools with some different color options) Are there any advantages to Leisure pool over the viking/trilogy or vice versa.

They both have lifetime structure and osmosis warranty. Neither warranty then finish from spider cracks or fading as far as I can tell. Both warranties have sketchy language about having water professionally tested and having proof of that. Who knows if they will use that to deny warranties.

I was in your same shoes a few months back and we ended up choosing Leisure Pools. Most of these companies have pools that are very similar, so once we decided on the design and found a model from each company we emailed both manufacturers and asked them to provide a comparison. It wasn't eye opening but it certainly helped in making a decision. Pool hasn't been installed yet (waiting on permits) so I can't comment on the quality yet but so far we are at peace with our decision.

I also reached out to some folks here with Leisure Pools directly and they were extremely helpful with explaining their experience and satisfaction level.

I'm surprised your pool builder doesn't have an opinion on which they prefer. Or maybe they do....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.