Where would you recommend installing a SWG?

ATXSalty

Aug 3, 2022
austin, tx
I am looking at installing a SWG like a circupool for my 17,000 pool. For the return pipes I have an inline chlorinator, a water feature that flows over some rocks, and theres this hose that says Polaris and is returned to the pool, but for the life of me I can't figure out where it goes.

Where would you recommend I install it? My piping is a tight install with lots of elbows. Anyone in the Austin, TX area who could help me install it would be a plus.

Attachments

• image_67515393.JPG
    image_67515393.JPG
    574 KB · Views: 52
  • image_67218177.JPG
    image_67218177.JPG
    651.2 KB · Views: 52
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Pic #2 gives us a better view, and it looks fairly tight in there. You might consider removing the tab feeder and replacing it with the SWG. If you go with the RJ-series like I did (in my signature) you could use a vertical kit option.

See Pool Care Basics

Replace the rainbow chlorinator with a SWG in the vertical position. That's exactly what I did with my RJ and I never looked back. The polaris return is most likely for a pressure side cleaner. Do you have a covered port somewhere in your pool wall a few inches before the tile line? In any case make sure the SWG is the last thing for water to pass thru before being return, as you dont want the super chlorinated water going thru any other equipment. I believe that to be the case but the picture is hard to read.

Where the chlorine feeder is would be a good location to place the SWG, or anywhere after the feeder on its way to the pool. It looks like you would benefit from the CircuPool vertical installation kit, or have a plumber install it vertically. I had a similarly tight fit. We had to re-use one of the PVC unions, or re-plumb all the pipes which would have been very involved and a lot more expensive. I paid a plumber to put in the SWG, and he carefully reamed out that union so we could re-use it. It leaked but I used JB-Weld WaterWeld putty around it and it sealed it up fine. It was a bout an hour of labor for my plumber to put mine in. The amount of pipe length you need for vertical or horizontal installation are in the installation manuals which you can download.

Does the cirupool RJ-45 come with a electrical wiring to hook it up to my intermatic timer?
Yes. It is pre wired for 220 but you can adjust a jumper if you happen to be using 120. I did have to purchase some fittings to get the wire into my timer box and keep it waterproof. If you aren’t comfortable an electrician should not charge a ton for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.