Where to install SWCG

lilredhen

Jul 29, 2009
Northern California
I have a pool guy coming in a couple of days to install my Circupool RJ45. I’ve never used him before so not sure how well he knows his SWCGs, thought I’d rather rely on you all ;)3297F106-9F94-47E2-A78A-8696218E7DCF.jpeg

Cool, I managed to add a photo. Even if it is the wrong size, wrong orientation and in the wrong place, I’m pleased with myself for figuring it out at all!

The obvious place would seem to be coming out of the filter going toward the 3 way valve that appears to be there for no reason. But that section is about 13 inches and I need 15 3/4. So it would have to overshoot and turn back with a couple of elbows close together. Any problem with that? Is a vertical installation preferable?

Another possibility, because I’m also replacing the pump, is that the filter could perhaps be moved back to make room. It’s not attached to the pad. That might be more ideal but I’ll have to wait and see with the pool guy, he’s providing the pump.

Thoughts?

It looks like a vertical installation is the way to go.
It'd be good if you could upload a better photo...this one is hard to see. It appears the plumbing coming out of the pump starts with an elbow. This is not a good installation. You may want to have that redone as well. If doing so you may be able to reposition the filter further from the return plumbing allowing enough space for the SWG to have a straight shot mounted horizontally.

So it would have to overshoot and turn back with a couple of elbows close together.
That or go with a Circupool vertical kit installation. Of course you can do a pad makeover if you wish.

See my RJ install link below in my signature.

Thanks, Splash. I like your nifty little sun shade. Might have to copy that idea. We get some intense sun here as you can probably see by my discolored pipes. I ordinarily cover the whole assembly with shade cloth on a pvc frame but it blows away regularly.

Clean the PVC as best as you can and then coat it with spray paint (Krylon or similar from the big box stores).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.