Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Remember every pool slide from the '70s?

aquaslide.jpg

Does something even close to that exist in the US market anymore? SR Smith has the rogue, which looks like the evolution of aquaslide but it's only available in a turning version. AstralPool seems to still make one, but they are EU only.

fot_ap_00081_straight_slide_v01-61388.jpg

Does anyone know if there's a way to get Astral products into the US, or another manufacturer that makes a similar product in a ~6 foot height?

We had an aquaslide when I was little. I remember it had little water jets that put water on the slide. Except it baked in the Georgia sun for years and you couldn't really slide down it anymore. lol

I guess in general, why are there no straight slides, there's curves, twists, bends. Weird.

I guess in general, why are there no straight slides, there's curves, twists, bends. Weird.
I’m guessing because of new safety regulations and our lawsuit-happy culture.

The thick, high sides reduce risk of falling off. And the twists and turns likely make you go slower, reducing the risk of injury from coming down too fast, or head first.

But the slides like the one you pictured sure are fun.

Reactions: borjis
Safety regulations make a lot of sense, I might be reduced to trolling craigslist/FB marketplace for used decks. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: magiteck
Safety regulations led me to the actual lawsuit against aquaslide by the CPSC and they were sued because of the risk of paraplegia from headfirst sliding into the shallow end, and Aquaslide's argument that regs just be changed to mandate deep water install was determined to increase the risk of kids drowning who might not be safe in deeper water, so the angle/speed of entry is now mandated and big ol' straight shot doesn't meet that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.