Where to begin?

Okay, an update:

FC=5.2
CC=0
pH=7.8 (maybe 7.9)
Alk=90

I turned the SWG down to 40%, as it was pushing up into the 7.x range when set to 60%. Initially, when set to 40%, the FC dropped into the 3s, so I extended the run time from 6 to 8 hours. It’s been a week or so and seems to be settling down around 5.

A couple of things I’m noticing.

1. There seems to be a chlorine smell off my skin after using the pool/spa; sometimes quite strong. I read about chloramines, but I don’t think that’s my problem. The pool does not give off an odor at all, only from the skin after bathing.
2. The pH seems to need adjusted a couple of times a week. I added 22 oz of acid last Friday and it looks like I’ll be adding the same tomorrow. Is this typical? Seems like a lot.

As for the chlorine smell - not sure what’s going on there.
Did u ever do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test ?

For the ph -
Swg’s are known to cause a rise in ph, as alkalinity falls with regular ph reduction the frequency of the rise generally lessens.
Once a week acid addition is not uncommon.
I wouldn’t lower it past 7.7 if your ch is still 220 for now.
Not sure if you have csi tracking switched on in your PoolMathapp but you should be monitoring it to protect your pool surfaces.
You can play around with the #s in the app to determine what you need to change to affect the csi & still get where you wanna be as far as a comfortable ph & allowing for its rise die to the swg.
I’m not well versed in the subject of pebbletec pools so hopefully someone else will chime in on the subject 😊

Reactions: Piperca
I did an overnight chlorine loss test a month or so ago and all was fine. I’ll do another this weekend, just to make sure. The water is very clear ... almost hurts your eyes to look through it ... 😉

I haven’t tested CH in several weeks, so I need to do that, too. I didn’t think that was a level that fluctuated much.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.