Where do you read your test results?

Jul 29, 2017
San Antonio, Tx
I bought a three way test kit. Now, when I read the results after adding the drops, it looks vastly different if I'm in the direct sun versus a shaded area. Where is the best place to read the thing? In the sunlight? In the shade? Other? I went to the site for the kit and it doesn't specify that anywhere.

At a table on covered porch. On most days, my neighbor's white siding makes a great b/g.

In my kitchen... I have a bottle that Leslie's gave me that I fill with water and take inside. I like being able to toss the reagents down the sink instead of in the grass (not that it probably matters) and my kitchen has good natural lighting in the morning, which is when I usually test.

Only reason I like to go to Leslie's :)

I went there last year because someone told me they had big thick pool noodles on sale. They tried to sell me all kinds of stuff I don't need. I asked for a bottle so I could bring my water in to see exactly what I need. Haven't been back since, lol. When I do need a pool store for hardware or anything like that I use a local family owned store that is really great, understands that I use the TFP method, and doesn't try to sell me stuff I don't need.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I first started the PH test I had a hard time until I started using the other reagent to lower the PH a little and could then tell where the original level was. Now I can tell by looking at the pool water if the level is a little off (I will only admit that to people here!).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.