Where did it go?

May 22, 2018
Tucson Arizona
I check my chemicals on a daily basis yesterday check and chlorine was normal but I noticed the water was no as clear as it should be,so I tried to boost my SCG pump but it wouldn't boost so I went down and picked up 2 bottles of liquid chlorine but only put in about 8 ounces . ran the pump the main one and checked chlorine again and now it registers like nothing! .5 on my testor!! yesterday it was 2-4 area. so what has happened? Any ideas? Temps lately around 95-101 degrees

What is your stabilizer/CYA level? With lots of direct sun exposure the chlorine is going to be burned off quick if there isn't enough CYA in the water to help buffer that loss. And what do you usually maintain your chlorine levels at?

When water quickly turns to not as clear and the fc is gone that fast it usually is an indicator of organic matter rapidly growing.

Best bet is to slam it and catch anything before it has a chance to get any worse.
Bingo! We have a winner!

That algae is growing as you read this. Bleach. Now.

attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.