CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have an umbrella port in my baha. It's been uncovered and I could see debris collecting in it. I had a few questions:

1. Can I shop vac the debris out?
  2. Can I buy a plug for it? The length of hole is a little over 1.5". I'm not sure if this is standard.
  3. It looks like the rim of it might be cracked (see picture). Is that an issue?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpeg
    IMG_1772.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1773.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 14
See if anything here in the TFP archives answers your need:

Maddie :flower:
common sense prevailed. I shopvac’d the innards with a few different attachments to get the debris out. It’s nice and clean now.

I’m wondering if there’s a problem if I plug it up with water in it. I wonder if algae willl build up in there if stagnant water is completely sealed in.

I found a Hayward 1.5” plug on Amazon that fits but not sure what to do now. I was thinking of drilling some small holes in it so chlorinated water can pass through while keeping larger debris out.

Haven’t really figured out what to do with the cracked trim yet. It doesn’t seem to be causing an issue so I’m inclined to leave it as is if it’s superficial.

Ideas welcome!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.