When is good time to open?

Apr 11, 2017
ringwood, NJ
Hi All,

I have a 12 foot round 4.5 deep above ground steel wall pool.

Not sure when to open for the season. I live in Northern New jersey and I'm thinking mid-May with 2 weeks to get the water balanced and hopefully swimming by Memorial Day.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm right on the state border in Rockland County so we have the same temps. I assume you have a solid cover on the pool and if it was closed with proper chem balancing last year with clear water it will be clear upon opening. That's a fine time line. I open then too. You can swim Memorial Day if it's warm enough. The AG heat up pretty well. I was typically swimming that holiday weekend when I had my AG (13 years). One note, a solar cover will help keep A LOT of pollen out of your filter and keep the heat in at night.

We take off the cover by mid May but start circulating and balancing the water in early May to get started. We make sure the trees are finished dropping all the spring buds and pollen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.